You might also like...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Biphasic sleep log - Day 89 - 19th April

Another day on E3, but not as good as yesterday.

Nap 1: I wanted to delay the first nap a little bit so did it from 0730 to 0800. It was good and refreshing.
Nap 2: Second nap was same as yesterday from 1400-1430 but it wasn't good. Even though I fell asleep very quickly, for no reason at all I had a coughing bout which woke me and I had to take a sip of water before I could go back to sleep. Which I did. But had coughing again in a few minutes, with the same process repeating. So, I don't know how much actual sleep I got.

Because of the second nap not going well, I decided to take the evening nap early. I was feeling the need for it.

Nap 3: 1800-1830. Good nap. Felt quite refreshed and was able to do all that I wanted to do.

Somehow with 3 naps, it's harder to map the food to nap to exercise timing and I couldn't do my Wii fitness today. Will do tomorrow.

Core: Was able to stay up till midnight easily and went to bed at 0010. I had a choice to leave the alarm at 0300 or make it 0330 as I don't really need the lead-in time for sleep. Pretty much any time I touch my head to the pillow I can sleep quickly. That was one of the thing I had set out to fix when I tried biphasic so I am quite pleased that it worked.

Set the alarm to 0330 still which left 20 minutes to fall asleep. It was way too much.

Woke up at 0340 and it was still a struggle to get up. Took a lot of willpower for that one.

With this current routine of E3 - 3 hours core and 3 naps, I am finding that the total sleep time is 4.5 hours, plus any inertia time whereas in biphasic total sleep time is 5 hours. Inertia time is cut in half for biphasic as I go to bed twice as opposed to 4 times.

Hence, in longterm I might not maintain E3 as it is now unless I can reduce sleeping time further. But for now, getting up at 0300 helps me get ahead with my SL magazine project so I am going to continue it for now.



1 comment:

Always Happy said...

Good luck with the SL magazine.

I think Biphasic worked the best for you Sunil.

Always Happy