Whether I like it or not on this day I am reminded of that day. I was in US, in Philadelphia, working in an American company. The news came as it happened and we watched as the horrific events unfolded. It was not a good day for humanity and I know it shook everybody's faith for a moment.
From the events of the 9/11 and the aftermath, I have a learnt a few lessons that I'd like to share with you.
1. Life is short, don't get stuck in trivial stuff.
2. We got through it as humans, we can get through anything with each other's help.
3. The best thing we can do is to be kind to others at every opportunity we get.
4. Things can always get worse, but that would be no life to live in the fear of that. Be thankful for what we have and be strong to face what we must.
5. Love and kindness should not be reserved for those related to you or close to you. There are so many stories from ground zero that show the value of kindness and compassion wherever it is needed.
6. Even horrors at this level cannot kill our humanity. We went on, and we will carry on.