You might also like...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Biphasic sleep log - Day 25 - 14th Feb

Evening 14th:
I did feel some sleep dep during the day, but not enough that I couldn't work at full capacity.
Got home at 1738 and was in bed at 1800. Took about 10 minutes to fall asleep.

And woke up at 1900. I don't recall turning off the alarm that was supposed to go off at 1830. This is annoying me now. I must guard against this tendency.

I had a headache when I went to bed and still had a heavy head when I woke up. How are headache and oversleep and heavy head are related, I won't try to decipher (well I have a heavy head!).

Morning 15th:


This was a weird night. I went to bed faithfully at 00:45 so I could fall asleep by 0100 and get up at 0530.

Using my own trick of counting down from 100 I did fall asleep within a few minutes.

I woke up and felt like it was time to get up. But time on the ceiling was only 0328. So, I went back to sleep.

Another time. Woke up and it felt natural. But I still was very sleepy even though the waking up felt very natural. Time - 0443. Back to sleep.

Then woke up at around 0530 but before the alarm. This was the same, the wake-up felt very natural but my eyes were like heavily-laden with sleep. But this time I made a big effort and stayed up.

The only explanation I can think of is that my sleep cycles are changing, maybe getting shorter and I woke up after two of them. That's why it felt easy to open my eyes. But then, why did I feel so sleepy? Maybe because I expected to?

I will need to find something to pull me out of bed in the mornings. Since I am planning to wake up before it's time to get ready for work, the pressure of work is not going to do it. It used to be Second Life, but these days I am not into its fun aspect so much, mostly just creative and productive aspects. That's not gonna do it.

The guitar might work for that purpose, or maybe music, I'll experiment and see.

I think I should plan more entertainment and enjoyment in my waking hours so as to create an incentive to wake up.

I had a few minutes so played guitar and could see myself making progress even in those few minutes. Just mentioning that here to illustrate that creative faculties are not affected by sleep dep or anything like that during the adaptation period.

I am thinking of discontinuing the log after day 30.



No comments: