You might also like...

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Biphasic sleep log - Day 16 - 5th Feb


Evening 5th:

Nap time came around before I realized it. I was talking to my nephew Sagar on gtalk voice (about biphasic and polyphasic sleep) when I suddenly realized it was 1742. So, I wrapped that up then prepared to sleep. Was able to get into bed about 1815. Set the alarm for 20:00.

I woke up on my own and the time was 19:53. Felt like I could get up easily, but still closed my eyes, seeing that I had time. Alarm went off at 20:00 and I must have been in light sleep as I heard it right as it started the very low-volume fade-in beeps.

Now for some fun until 0100.

Morning 6th:
Last night I got delayed in SL again. I had work to do so I decided to delay core sleep instead of postponing the work. The work needs coordination with other people, and I have a deadline approaching fast.

So, finally I went to bed at 0145 and set the alarm accordingly for 45 minutes later in the morning, i.e. 0630.

But this morning, I woke up before 0600, kind of around the time when I usually wake up, soon after 0545. That time after opening my eyes and looking at the time, and actually waking up is my weakest time. Any excuse to sleep more is fine. This morning the excuse was already there, I hadn't finished my 4.5 hours of core sleep.

I went back to sleep and woke up by the alarm at 0630. It was the same difficulty in getting as every day, but I got up at that time. Didn't feel any bad effects of the variations in the core sleep, felt great in fact, all day.

Since I didn't use to wake up so early on weekends, I felt like I had extra hours today.




No comments: