You might also like...

Friday, August 09, 2024

You Can Make Someone's Day




Ok, I don't deny that life is a series of ups and downs, and everyone has their own struggles, often hidden from view but while we can't always see what others are going through, small acts of kindness can have a surprisingly large impact. These little gestures can brighten someone’s day and remind us all of the goodness in the world. Today, I want to share a personal story that perfectly illustrates this.




It's often the smallest acts of kindness that make the biggest difference. A smile, a kind word, or a simple gesture can turn someone’s day around. These moments of connection remind us that we are not alone and that there is always a reason to hope and find joy.



One day when I was out for a walk around lunchtime, I noticed a little girl at a bus stop with her mother. She saw me coming and smiled and waved. I waved back at her, which she liked. As I got closer, she held up her little hand. I had just passed her when I realised that she was giving me a high-five. I stopped, turned, and held my hand in front of her hand. She slapped my palm with her little hand then bounded over to her mother with a big, excited smile on her face. That small incident made me smile the whole day whenever I thought about it. Really, how little do we need to be happy!


I remember a quote "I find that when someone says I made their day, it makes mine as well." 

No comments: