You might also like...

Monday, August 05, 2024

Can ChatGPT Be Your Personal Chef?





The short answer is - No! ChatGPT cannot make food for you, it has no hands. But, it can help you eat well and healthy if you know how to use it. I use ChatGPT as my personal genie of the lamp that can take any form that I need it to take. 

Recently I realised that my breakfast is too unhealthy and I am getting fatter which is not a good look on me. Considering that I have high blood pressure it's even more important for me that I eat healthy and try to be as fit as I can. I had recently started using ChatGPT to help me create content, so I thought as long as I am paying for it, why not use it to better my life a bit more than spellchecking my blog posts? Here's what I did. 

I told it about me, that I am vegetarian, but I eat eggs, I have high blood pressure and I would like to eat healthy breakfast but, I would not have time to cook breakfast for more than 15-20 minutes and I will not eat anything that does not taste good. With these things in mind, I asked it to tell me which groceries I should order. 

Voila! It gave me a long list of things divided by category with some of them having more than one option like almond butter or peanut butter. I went on Ocado.com and ordered everything except fruits. I have found that fruits I can get cheaper and better from Lidl. When the groceries arrived, I told ChatGPT that things had arrived except fruits and told it to make notes that I have these things available now for cooking. 

Two days later, I went to Lidl, got fruits and vegetables and also some other things like Peri Peri sauce which I like. While I was there, I laid everything up in the cart so that nothing was covering anything else. I took a photo and uploaded it to ChatGPT on my phone. I told it to make a note of the things it saw in the photos. It gave me a list of things it could see in the photo. Sweet!

Next morning I asked ChatGPT "Tell me what I can make for breakfast that will be quick to make and healthy. Only use the stuff I have at home." 

It gave me a suggestion for a egg scramble with spinach, onions, green peppers etc and gave me the whole recipe. It looked promising. 

I have the CMF phone by Nothing and the CMF Buds Pro 2. The advantage I have is that I can tap and hold on the earbud and it launches ChatGPT in conversation mode. I made it tell me each step as I was cooking and when it went too fast (it does that a lot) I made it repeat itself. I could also ask follow-up questions like "How much turmeric should I put?" 

The breakfast was amazing! I have made it twice more since then by myself. Now that I know what the steps are I can stagger them and do stuff in parallel so it takes less time, about 15 minutes. Not  a lot of washing up to do as well. 

Another day I asked it for a dinner suggestion. It told me how to make a veg stir fry. It was heavenly! It was too much so I ate half of that for lunch next day.

Today, I was feeling very demotivated about lunch so ended up asking ChatGPT. It told me how to make Quesadilla's. I like Quesadilla's so I was game. Oh, they turned out so nice (picture above). 

I can always tell is when I have run out of something and add anything new that I buy. I just open the same chat again and ask it for suggestions. The dishes have all been yummy so far, and knowing they are heathy as well is cherry on the cake. 

Would you risk asking AI to help you eat healthy? 


[You can find the Quesadillas recipe on my blog pages here




No comments: