You might also like...

Friday, March 04, 2011

Riddle of the day

Pre-warning: I would not post the answer to this question here. Anyone who can't think of the answer or can't find it via Google can email me for the right answer.

Warning: The answer is more complex than the question. If trying to balance your checkbook makes you giddy, do not attempt this!

Riddle:
Here are the parameters of the riddle.
A man dies and goes to the transition place.
He sees two doors.
One door is the Valley of Pain, the other is Garden of Paradise.
Both doors are unmarked and look exactly the same.
There is a guard in front of each door. (2 guards total)
The man is allowed to ask one question of either of the guards. (Total one question only).
What question should he ask so that he can DEFINITELY get into the Garden of Paradise?

Your time starts now.

4 comments:

Always Happy said...

I think he should simply ask the guard at door to garden of paradise,'' May I enter the garden of paradise?''. Why think so much?? or may be he can also ask the guard '' please, aap mere raastey se hatengey??''

Always Happy said...

I think he should simply ask the guard at door to garden of paradise,'' May I enter the garden of paradise?''. Why think so much?? or may be he can also ask the guard '' please, aap mere raastey se hatengey??''

Sunil Goswami said...

And what if the guard just says, "Sure, go ahead."?

sagar goswami said...

Cool, I like this Riddle very much. Though I already know the answer, so I won't post it here :)