You might also like...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Biphasic sleep Log - Day 56 - 17th March 2011


Evening 17th March:
For one thing, I was not run down today even by leaving time. In the train I do get a little sedate mostly because of the chance to relax and not being able to do anything very active anyway. Today I could work on something constructive in the train if I had a keyboard and an internet connection, I was that awake.

Got home about 1715, and tried the nap from 1740. For some reason I left the alarm set for 1830. I think since my back was still hurting a bit, I wanted to try some extra rest. Also I wanted to see if I would wake up naturally after 20 minutes.

I woke up at 2121. Quite annoyed. I don't know what happened in-between, don't even remember turning the alarm off. I had been asleep for about 3 hours and it annoyed me that I had wasted the time. Back was still hurting, but I could have hardly expected that to be normal so quickly.

Then question was when and how long to do the core sleep. I have realized by now that, regardless of how much core sleep I get, if I wake up too early I would feel sleepy in the evening. And Friday evening I have a social engagement that would require me to have both an active mind and an agile body. (Don't let you mind wander, I am talking about sporting activity!)

I could even have slept at my normal time at 2345 but I had at least some stuff I needed to do before going back to bed.

I set up my Wii again, means I had to install new batteries into the remotes and the balance board. Took a Wii Fit test and found that I had gained 7 pounds since last test 560 something days ago! That to me spells 7 pounds overweight. So, now I will be trying to shake off that extra weight while still keeping my biphasic routine over the next couple of months. This will get interesting!

Morning 18th:
Last night went to bed at 0122, with two alarms one for 3 hours later at 0430 and one for 4.5 hours later at 0600. Yes, I realize I left only 8 minutes for me to fall asleep. But I have gotten so good at it, I could do it with my eyes closed! (See, what I did there? LOL. I slay myself!)

And I did fall asleep in under 8 minutes.

Then I woke up at 0530 in the morning. I think I turned off the 0430 alarm. Considering I had 4 hours of sleep, again I have to conclude that I am no longer adhering to the 1.5 hour sleep cycles.

It was not too hard to get up and out of the bed. Since I leave late on Friday, I had two hours to get ready as well as do any anything else I wanted. I fit quite a few things in that little time.

One of them was to play a match tennis on Wii. I know it's not a record in personal fitness, but I am trying to ease myself into it. The biggest problem I have with fitness stuff is that it bores me to death. I started running properly when I found audiobooks. Now, I am trying to ease myself in and start a simple, entertaining regime of fitness stuff that I could do every day. Since weather has been getting better, I am hoping to start my running routine soon as well.

I am actually glad of my horrific results on the Wii Fit test last night. If it were already perfect, what would I work towards?

Energy levels = 100%
Body = Fine except residual pain in the back
Mood = Mix of contructive and bored (Friday mornings are like that. I am looking forward to the evening though.)

2 comments:

Always Happy said...

I like the consolation you gave yourself saying that if the Wii Fit Test showed perfect results you would have nothing to work towards. Good luck with the running routine.

Always Happy

Sunil Goswami said...

Well,yeah. I haven't been working out lately. If it showed me perfect in weight and shape, then I would no motivation to start working out, would I?