You might also like...

Friday, December 22, 2006

It's definitely the thought that counts.

I have a simple arragement with my landlord about his mail that lands in
my mailbox, his mom's mail, to be precise. He left a bunch of addressed,
stamped envelopes with me and I periodically stuff all her mails into
one of the envelopes and drop it into a letterbox. Recently, I sent the
last of these big envelopes and put one slip of paper inside saying
"LAST ENVELOPE". This Monday evening, as I opened the door, I found a
big envelope inside, pushed through the mail-slot, containing several
more stamped, addressed manila envelopes.
And...with them a small card wishing me season's greeting and a
hand-written message from the lady herself, thanking me for forwarding
her mail. It's a small thing I do on my part, and the card was by no
means anything spectacular, nevertheless it brought a smile to my lips
and made me feel good.
Yes, I did reciprocate in the kind when I sent her the next batch of her
mails.

No comments: