You might also like...

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Beddy 'bye

I know that human body has a routine of its own which is clock-regular and doesn't need a clock. It involves eating and sleeping times, mostly. The whole concept of jet-lag is based on that.

My question is: Can a human body have a weekly sleep schedule as well as a daily one?

I go to bed around 1AM every night. But this is Friday night and I generally don't go to bed before 4A.M. This Friday though, I was feeling tired and went to bed at 10:30PM. Couldn't sleep. And I had a glass of sweet, warm milk just a little while ago. Still, no sleep. Kept trying, didn't work. And then my doesn't quit, keeps thinking of all those great ideas, things I could be doing if I were at the computer instead of flopping around in bed.

So, I did a couple of productive things and tried again. No use.

Finally, I got hungry.

So, here I am 2:06 in the morning. And I look like this:



Just had pizza and planning to try again at 3:00AM.

But the question remains, does the body have a weekly rhythm?

If yes, then I am doomed. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey we do have a routine :) that is whay it is referred to as biological rhythm, antidiluvian err...forgot ot :) whatever! the whole point is we do have rhythm...do not have coffee in the evenings of u r a coffe drinker, read for atleast 1/2 hour or listen to soothing music! see if it makes some difference,,happy nights :)