You might also like...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Biphasic sleep log - Day 66 - 27th March


Another monophasic day that made me miss my biphasic routine. I got home about 2120 and after tending to the hunger I had about 90 minutes to do what I want. But I had a very exciting project I wanted to work on and didn't want to waste 6 hours sleeping. I wasn't very sleepy either although I knew I could sleep whenever I wanted.

Finally I went to bed at 0010 and set the alarm for 0500. I know it was again less than the required 6 hours for a sick man but I wanted breakfast in the morning. Also, I like the feeling of not having to rush to get ready right as I wake up.

At this point I also remembered that I haven't really had a seriously sleep deprived day since I adapted to the biphasic routine. I have had days when I felt sleepy or tired but the days when sleep dep is distracting and I can't work because of it, I haven't had those.

So I took the chance on 5 hours of sleep.

Fell asleep quickly as soon I consciously stopped thinking about my project.

Woke up at 0500 by the alarm and thought about whether I wanted to get up or sleep another hour that I had. The funny thing is this thinking was in the slide-back phase. I decided to stay up.

Energy levels: 100%
Body: Tired. Left shoulder hurting since Sat morning and don't know what from.
Health: Sick with cold. Coughing and sneezing.
Mood: Very creative. I actually planned stuff for my project and also wrote some shers in the train to work.


No comments: