You might also like...

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Biphasic sleep log - Day 39 - 28th Feb

Evening 28th:
I did feel a bit tired and sleepy towards end of the day (end of day being my nap time), but nothing too horrible.

I was home by 1740 and in bed at 1755, ready to nap. I started the nap at 1800 with an alarm for 1830 as usual. But I got interrupted by a phone call at 0607 when I just drifting off to sleep. The call lasted only a few seconds but I had to go back to sleep now. I was able to sleep easily, but since I didn't change the alarm time after the phone call, I think I slept only about 15 minutes.

But as I woke up by the alarm, I didn't feel too much of a need for willpower to get up. Evening time is my fun time, so maybe I was eager to get started, but felt fresh after washing my face.

Morning 1st March:
Since I didn't have a normal, regulation-size nap, I decided to go to sleep early and take a full 4.5 hour core sleep. I wasn't very tired or anything, but I was a bit bored and didn't feel like tackling a new project. I felt like I could sleep if I tried .

Falling asleep was great as usual. I had set an alarm for 0430, which I don't remember turning off, but when the fail-safe alarm at 0500 went off, I got up. Had to rub eyes a little and use some willpower but it wasn't too bad.

I had an early morning for which I wanted to be in good shape, and I am happy to report that I did very well in the meeting.

Sunil out!

2 comments:

Always Happy said...

i dont know how you do it Sunil....I hate to wake up 15-20 mins after I fall asleep. Power nap, yes, once in a while it helps me in the afternoons but I wouldnt be able to do it on a regular basis.

Sunil Goswami said...

Knowingly or unwillingly I have kept all kinds of crazy schedules. I think this is the first sensible one I have tried. As for sticking with it, you just have be crazy and pigheaded and it works out fine. :)