You might also like...

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

New Android Kid on the Block - Samsung Galaxy Note





I have already posted my experience on Samsung Galaxy S II but now here is another great contender for the first place in the smartphone world. It's called Galaxy Note.

When I bought the Galaxy S2 I decided that while a 4.3 inch screen is good, there must come a time when I would have to draw a line in the sand to not upgrade to a bigger screen. I decided that point will be a 5" screen. But the Galaxy Note has a 5.27 inch screen and I am thinking, hmmm, it's not ALL that more than 5!

Other attractive features of the Note which are like the siren's song for me are - a 1.4 GHz processor in the world of 1.2 GHz smartphones! Super AMOLED screen, it's not Super AMOLED PLUS like the Galaxy SII but still very good. A whopping 1280X800 pixel resolution! And a unique stylus called S Pen. I don't know how you feel about stylii in this world of touchscreen phones but I love them. Since I retain the option to use my fingers as well, I like the idea very much. Sometimes an stylus can give you the fine edge you need.

While I love the sleek 8.4 mm thick body of my Galaxy S2 I think I could rough it with a 9.65mm phone as well if I had to. The same thing goes for the 178 grams weight as opposed to my 116gram lightweight Galaxy S2. Needless to say, it has all the connectivity options bluetooth, wifi, 3G, 4G, HSPA+ etc. etc. and since it's Android and not Apple, nothing will be crippled or disabled.

The camera is a 8MP rear and 2MP front, same as S2. It also has NFC built-in which I was hoping to get in the S2.

So, am I going to get it when they launch it tomorrow? No, not yet. My Galaxy S2 is very new and I am extremely happy with it. It has everything I need plus the sleek size, so I'll stick with it a while longer. Also, there are some other great Android phones/devices in the offing. By the time it's time for my regular mobile grade (every 6 months) there will be something super-awesome in the market that I'd be able to get.

But I do like the Galaxy Note despite it's huge size!

1 comment:

Bikram said...

I need to use this I am actually very impressed with this one and prefer this one to the iphone :)

Bikram's