You might also like...

Monday, October 02, 2006

By post

Another thing I like about living in the western countries is the postal system. You can buy anything, new or used, from anywhere in the country or neighbouring countries (e.g. UK, US, Germany etc.) and it can be delivered to you by post, quick and safe. It is fun. Recently I bought a cordless phone that way and I was more than a little pleased when it was delivered to me in the office. I didn't have to set foot out of my own office and I made a purchase from a person I had never seen and never will. This kind of convenience would be hard to explain to someone who has not experienced it firsthand.
I can still remember a time when I used to go to the bank to ask my bank balance (which was never more than a couple of hundred Indian Rupees :) ). Ah, good old days!
 

No comments: