You might also like...

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Another new project

Alright, so there is a bee in my bonnet that makes me start yet another
project even when none of the previous ones are finished or profitable
yet.

Yesterday I finally acted on the idea that had been in my mind for a
long time i.e. 2 days - to start a Second Life related website. I think
I am past the kid-in-the-candy-store phase in SL but still retaining
some business interest as the market is there and despite my feeble
attempt at marketing I do make some, a little, tiny amount of money from
there.

So, about my idea, it was to start a website where SL residents can
display their well-crafted, well-attired avatars and ask others to rate
them. And vice versa. Yesterday, in the afternoon, I decided to go ahead
with it and by midnight GMT the site was up and running. A big share of
the blame goes to my friend Vinayak, who provides hosting services. This
guy is amazing, but not because he provides the best and most economical
hosting and domain naming service but in his personality. This man never
sleeps, is always online, replies like lightening, acts very fast and
it's because of him that from asking 'can such a site be made' to
logging in first time it took only a few hours.

You can check it out at www.secondlifehotornot.com

No comments: