You might also like...

Sunday, July 06, 2008

In Zurich

Okay, so I am in Zurich today, but while I would like to impress you with my jet-setting lifestyle this post is not about me but about Zurich. I don't really have time to write a long post about my first (actually second) impressions about Switzerland or Zurich but I do want to share two observations with you.

One is about the immigration or passport control officers. They are weird. They actually smile! Not the forced or official smile but a geninue welcoming smile that I received from this passport control person. Not even Indian immigration officers smile at people, even if the passengers are Indian. And American immigration officers let you feel that they are giving you the key to the paradise by just letting you enter their fair country. But this man wished me a "nice stay" without the grumpiness that I seem to remember from my immigration check at the Philadelphia airport. Don't ask me why or how but he transacted the business in a businesslike manner and still made me feel welcome. Enough said.

Second, this place is so very beautiful. All of it! Without going anywhere, I just took a few pictures from my hotel room. Look at them and tell me if you don't agree!




No comments: