You might also like...

Sunday, June 24, 2007

My destiny

dast-e-falak me.n, gardish-e-taqadiir to nahii.n
dast-e-falak me.n, gardish-e-ayyaam hii to hai
- Faiz Ahmed Faiz

दस्त-ए-फलक में गरिद्श-ए-तकदीर तो नहीं,
दस्त-ए-फलक में गरिद्श-ए-अय्याम ही तो है
-फैज़ अहमद फैज़
(Wow, the blogger Hindi thing works amazing!)

Literal translation of this sher will be very confusing. What Faiz has said, as per my understanding, is that, while God or the powers that be, do control the universe and eternity, they do not control my destiny!

What a fantastic, daring, bold statement! That is a really admirable quality in man that he will pit himself against any powers, staking everything on the worst kind of odds but he will do what he thinks needs to be done.

So, while the world is busy telling me that I should mind my limitations and follow the path, I will be believing in Faiz and trying to blaze my own trail!

Corny? Maybe. But I believe in it - 100%.!

No comments: