You might also like...

Thursday, June 25, 2009

One more crazy driver



Yes, me! (But hehe, that's not me in the photo.)
I finally passed my practical driving test for my full UK driving licence. On second try.
It was a beautiful day for it, the sun was shining, a cool breeze was blowing, the birds were singing...let's not get carried away, shall we?

This time the examiner was not severe and strict but a nice, gentle, helpful older gentleman who made me feel quite at ease with his manner and I am sure I made fewer mistakes because of that.

This time I chose not to have my instructor with me during the test, I decided that that puts extra pressure on me and is no use to me as my instructor didn't remember the mistakes I made on my last test and the feedback from the examiner.

I got only 5 minor faults, out of a possible 15, if you get 16 you fail. One of the 5 was that I shunted back and forth to get my reverse parallel parking right. My 3-point turn was acceptable, even though I made it 5-point turn with an extra bit or reverse and forward.

On the whole, I passed, my examiner said, "Well done, Sunny!" and I am happy about it as a dog who has just got a driving licence.

Now, to buy a car. Fun stuff.

No comments: