You might also like...

Monday, April 02, 2007

The meaning of "Success"

Recently, I have been thinking quite a lot about the meaning of
'success'. What is success? Is it defined by the soceity or the
individual? Are both these definitions the same? If not then which one
is right? Is my definition of success the same as yours?

I found the answer when selecting a thought for today, I think Emerson
does a pretty good job defining it. I agree to it wholeheartedly.


Thought of the day - 2nd April 2007
"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find
the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a
healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know
even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is the meaning of success."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


And I am happy to note that I am well on my way to be successful. :-)

No comments: