You might also like...

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

An Android Camera - The Way To Go!


This is what technology is all about - changing life. All new innovations should be about making life easy, adding value to everyday life and giving people the power to do whatever they need to do or want to do.

This is called the Galaxy Camera by Samsung and from the spec's I can see that it's an amazing device. Having a 4.77" LCD screen (almost as big as the Galaxy S3) and the whole Android OS to play with, you have more power at your fingertips than you ever had with a camera.

Imagine taking a picture then editing it right there on the camera's huge screen and then posting it on Facebook, Twitter etc. or emailing it to your friends without any cables or card readers! Isn't that wonderful!

I have a DSLR now which gives me the power to take amazing 18MP photos with shallow DOF and everything but still I find myself taking photos with my Galaxy S3 sometimes simply because of connectivity. For example, my birthday pictures, I could take them with the phone camera and upload to Facebook right from the restaurant. If I had used the DSLR I'd have had to wait until I got home and get busy with card reader and laptop.

With this camera, you can take a 16.1 Megapixel photo, using 21x zoom if you want, and use the built-in connectivity to use it anyway you fancy.

I really like the remote live-view feature that you can use to be in the photo yourself. You place the camera, then connect to it from your Android smartphone, using the phone as a live viewfinder and take the photo with voice command.

Since it has 1.4quad-core CPU like the Galaxy S3 I expect there would be no shutter lag and the voice commands will work great. The OS is newer than the S3, it has 4.1 Jelly bean whereas the S3 has only 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich.

You can read the source article here:
http://www.lifeofandroid.com/news_detail/ifa-2012-android-cameras-keep-coming/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sick! I love Samsung products! I have headphones of theirs which are literally falling apart and still work the same from day 1. Love them!

-Joey G.

Sunil Goswami said...

Sick, is exactly right!
Considering how many Samsung products I own currently and their performance, I'd have to agree with you on the loving Samsung products part. :)

Welcome to my blog!