You might also like...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Biphasic sleep log - Day 82 - 12th April

This day wasn't really good for biphasic sleep. I was too busy in the morning to catch a nap for E3 pattern of 2 naps a day. Then in the afternoon I felt quite sleepy so decided to take a nap from 1430 to 1500. Only I ended up sleeping till 1540. Didn't like it but it felt like I needed the rest.

Even after the nap felt a lack of energy and motivation. I always have a thousand and one things to do but didn't feel like doing anything today, not even playing Second Life which is always good for wasting a few hours. Thought about playing Wii but didn't do that either.

At night, felt sleep around midnight so went to bed at 0015 with alarm set for 4.5 hours of sleep, 0500. Woke up at 0500 and turned the alarm off. I could have woken up then, but since I woke up coughing bad I realized what was wrong with me.

I have been coughing a bit since last 2 days and it wasn't getting better. That explained the lethargy and lack of motivation. AND the oversleeping. So I decided that I do need the rest and went back to sleep without setting another alarm. Woke up at 0742 naturally.

Now that I know what's wrong I can try and fix it. Had ginger tea in breakfast, and a liberal dose of black pepper. As usual I will attack it with everything I have but it still irks me that I keep catching this stupid common cold. One of the reasons why I hate the London Underground. You share a compartment full of germs every time you set foot on it. 

No comments: