You might also like...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dosa are the memories...


Long, long time ago in a city far, far away used to live a small boy, yes, me. Just like any other boy, my prime source of nutrition was my mother's cooking. My mother is a very good cook and I used to love her food. But once in a while my elder brother, KP, would take me out to a restaurant. Just him and me. And we would have dosa.

The restaurant was nothing fancy, just a small neighbourhood shop would be more of an accurate title. But I used to love those little outings for various reasons. For one, the dosa used to be very delicious. For another, that was the only time I used to get to eat with a knife and fork. Of course, the variety in food and a chance to go out were all added attractions as well.

In time, that tradition tapered out, especially since we moved to another place, still within Delhi, when I was 7. But I never forgot those occasions.

By now I have eaten in many countries, many cities and sampled many cuisines within the confines of my vegetarian lifestyle. I have gone out to restaurants of all types, small dhaba shops to 5-star restaurants. I have paid for these great meals myself, eaten on expense account and been treated by others. But if I have to look back and pick just one food that is the best of them all it would have to be that Dosa that cost very little and was paid for by my brother!

3 comments:

Always Happy said...

Aww.. fond memories of childhood!

Sunil Goswami said...

Yes, simple pleasures of life!

Red Handed said...

some tastes some memories just cling on to you!