You might also like...

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Biphasic sleep log - Day 64 - 25 March

I am going to write this in one go since this was a monophasic night.

Because of the social engagement I had no chance to get a nap. But I had no problems. Energy levels were fine and so was the mood. Only thing wrong was health. Despite my efforts I still had the sore throat and also had some cough today.

I got home about midnight and after wrapping up stuff that needed to be done, slept at 0100, with no alarm set. Since I was planning to sleep in monophasic and also had the cold symptoms, there was no sense in regulating the sleep. When I get cold I just follow PureDoxyK's advice that you should take as much sleep as you can get.

I recall turning the alarm off by solving a 4-dot CAPTCHA this morning but that's not possible as I had turned the application off completely.

I woke up with a headache around 0711. I remember waking up in the night once or twice, but I didn't make any effort to note the time. But after 0500 it took an effort to continue sleeping. Despite the cold-headache I know that the quality of the sleep was very good. Other than the cold symptoms, mind was clear and mood was actually creative as in wanting to write blog posts and play guitar. Of course, I didn't do any of it because physically I felt tired because of the cold.

Then I took in some more sleep between 1200 and 1400. About 90 minutes worth. That felt good as well and fixed the headache. Or Vicks Vaporub might have had something to do with it.

I count the cold as a good thing since it gives us an opportunity to observe if the biphasic pattern has any negative impact on the immunity. Also, we will observe what's the pattern when I try to go back to biphasic after these few days of monophasic during the cold. 

8 comments:

Always Happy said...

Hope you feel better soon and that you can get back to biphasic sleep pattern soon.


On a different note, I like the new widget that makes us feel welcome on this page.

Sunil Goswami said...

Thanks, AH.

I am glad you like the little widget, I thought it was cute.

Always Happy said...

Yes I found it cute too. He is a grumpy lil boy isnt he?? Yet cuter

Sunil Goswami said...

He's NOT grumpy! He's just mysterious! ;)

Always Happy said...

I see. Thats why he is cute then. I like I like ( facebook style LIKE)

sagar goswami said...

Baba, new widget is ok. Can you plz place it at the right side of your blog, it hides the reading area.

Unknown said...

Get well soon, or maybe not, if its helping you sleep better!
Well I agree maybe u shud place it on the other side.
N also cud u do without the word verification too.

Sunil Goswami said...

@Sagar - I have moved it to the right now. I just hope it works on all browsers.

@Pooja - Thanks, Pooja. It doesn't help me sleep better. I just try to sleep more if I am sick.
The word verification is a google feature to prevent spam in comments. I myself had some issues with spam in comments in the past. I'll see if I can remove it from the settings for the time being. If I start getting spam again I'll reactivate it.