You might also like...

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ideas

Ideas are everything. Everything starts from an idea. An idea is the
acorn that's hiding a tall tree inside it.
And then ideas are also the basis of conflicts. Ideas differ from person
to person and group to group. One person has the idea that people, after
they die, come back in a different body. Another person supports the
idea that they just lie there and wait for the final judgement day. And
that's the basis of their conflicts.
An idea that seems sane to one person might make the other person look
askance at the originator.
This past weekend I spend a lot of money, real money, to invest in a
business opportunity in an online world. A virtual world called Second
Life. It's not a huge amount of money from real world standards but
nothing to scoff at either. If I shared this with other "normal" people
I am sure I'll get some weird looks like I am crazy. What, to me, is a
business opportunity, might be considered a sign of insanity by others.
I guess that can be settled when I start making money, real money, from
this venture. End justifies the means, right?
Most of the ideological arguments can be settled this way, by their
result, unless you are talking about politics, religion, marriage,
morality or money. :-)

No comments: