You might also like...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Expectations

How much or what you are expecting has a direct impact on your
experience with people, places and events. I think it is best to expect
the most from ourselves so we can stretch ourselves to meet new targets
and achieve higher goals. In things that are beyond our powers, however,
it might be best to keep our expectations to a moderate level. Allow me
to illustrate.
Even before I came to the UK, I had heard about it, and from the
pre-independence Indian tales, I was expecting a high degree of
punctuality and adherence to time-tables with very good systems in
place. So, now when I have to wait for a bus in the cold, freezing
weather, and I face a 15-minute to 30 minutes delay in a bus service
that's supposed to be running every 20 minutes, it makes me curse the
English bus service and their disregard for time.
In Germany, I didn't have any expectations because I had heard nothing
about it, so when I saw their high level of punctuality, not perfect but
near-perfect, I was impressed.

See what I mean? English bus service sucks. That's all I wanted to say!
:-)

No comments: