You might also like...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Don't understand me, I hate that!

"Don't understand me, I hate that!" -Becker (TV show based in New York)



When I saw an episode of Becker, part of it actually before I changed the channel. Even though I was a fan of Ted Danson from "Cheers" I did not like him in this TV show. Dr. Becker was just too abrasive, opinionated, loud-mouthed and overall jerk.

But then somewhere, somewhen I liked one episode and then another, and now I make it a point to watch it every evening without fail and I am beginning to understand this guy.

Why? Because frighteningly enough, I am very much like him. I do not come off as abrasive as he does, (hopefully), but I am just as opinionated as he is, and I seldom keep these opinions to myself. "I don't mince words." is my motto.

But just like me Becker is also very sweet and gentle inside. He too, genuinely cares about people without being "politician sweet" about it.

The line in the topic is from the episode where Becker gets shot in the shoulder and his hospital doctor tries to patronize him. She has a job on her hands...lol. Finally, he leaves the hospital against her counsel.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

(P.S. There will, of course, be more posts about him).

No comments: