You might also like...

Sunday, October 08, 2006

New toy





Ok so I didn't go for the new JasJam but it was a very narrow thing with the JasJar offering almost everything that JasJam can plus the big 3.5" screen. So I finally got a JasJar and so far I am happy with my choice. Well, yes it weighs more than my cordless phone and it is quite a handful to hold to your ear during a call but I knew that before I bought it. And the features more than make up for the extra bulk. Look what I can do on this baby. I can type this blog on it and post it directly from here without going near a computer. I can browse the internet in full color, send emails, make videocalls, play music, watch movies, voice chat, take photos, record video and a lot more.
It's kinda funny when I think about it. The first cell phone I bought was a little bigger than this, and much heavier. As I earned more and got more fond of cellphones, my next handsets grew more expensive and smaller and lighter. And now the trend is on reverse pattern, while my phone continue to cost more they are growing heavier again, but more feature packed. And I believe it's a general trend nowadays. Now it's not the handset that disappears in the palm of the owner that causes comment, it's the pencil-box shaped monster that is noticed across the room and makes people nudge each other "Did you see that?"
Of course I know this, why did you think I bought this 285g pencil-box? ;-)

No comments: